PWC Ltd believe that the health and safety of children is of paramount importance. We make our Setting's a safe and healthy place for children, parents, staff and volunteers by assessing and minimising the hazards and risks to enable the children to thrive in a healthy and safe environment.
The basis of this policy is risk assessment. Pre-school Learning Alliance risk assessment processes follow five steps as follows:
1) Identification of risk: Where is it and what is it?
2) Who is at risk: Childcare staff, children, parents.
3) Assessment as to the level of risk as high, medium or low. This is both the risk of the likelihood of it happening, as well as the possible impact if it did.
4) Monitoring and review:
5) Control measures to reduce/eliminate risk:
Our risk assessment process covers adults and children and includes:
* checking for and noting hazards and risks indoors and outside, and in our premises and for activities.
* assessing the level of risk and who might be affected.
* deciding which areas need attention; and
* developing an action plan that specifies the action required, the time-scales for action.
* Where more than five staff and volunteers are employed the risk assessment is written and is reviewed regularly.