In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult at the end of a session/day, the Setting puts into practice agreed procedures. These ensure that the child is cared for safely by an experienced and qualified practitioner who is known to the child. PWC Ltd will ensure that the child receives a high standard of care in order to cause as little distress as possible.
We inform parents/carers of our procedures so that, if they are unavoidably delayed, they will be reassured that their children will be properly cared for.
> Parents of children starting at the setting are asked to provide the following specific information which is recorded on our Registration Form:
* Home address and telephone number - if the parents do not have a telephone, an alternative number must be given, perhaps a neighbour or close relative.
* Place of work, address and telephone number (if applicable).
* Mobile telephone number (if applicable).
* Names, addresses, telephone numbers and signatures of adults who are authorised by the parents to collect their child from the setting, for example a childminder or grandparent.
* Who has parental responsibility for the child.
* Information about any person who does not have legal access to the child.
> On occasions when parents are aware that they will not be at home or in their usual place of work, they inform us in writing of how they can be contacted.
> On occasions when parents or the persons normally authorised to collect the child are not able to collect the child, they provide a password for their child and give this to designated person collecting child.
> Parents are informed that if they are not able to collect the child as planned, they must inform us so that we can begin to take back-up measures. We provide parents with our contact telephone number.
> If a child is not collected at the end of the session/day, we follow the following procedures:
1. Ring the parent/guardian’s contact numbers
2. Ring the nominated emergency contact
3. Inform PWC Manager and Site Manager / Duty Manager
4. Ensure that the child has a drink and a snackTwo members of the PWC Team must remain with the child until they are collected.
> IF there is NO contact with the parent/guardian then:
a. Leave a message asking the parent/guardian to contact the Setting within the next 10 minutes.
> IF there is NO contact with the parent/guardian within 60 minutes then:
a. Contact social worker/ police department, seek advice & their follow instructions. PWC Team is to inform PWC Manager who in turn must notify PWC Owner.
b. All events to be recorded and monitored concerning any child protection issues.
Ref: WP T&C's